Today (Labor Day) marks the end of summer in the US, but the truth is that the Washington, D.C. region will have summer weather well into October. Nevertheless, let’s talk about fall favorites.
Here’s what I love about fall:
- Wearing cozy sweaters.
- Drinking copious amounts of tea (but to be honest, I drink copious amounts of tea year-round).
- The canvas of colorful leaves.
- Breathing in the crisp morning air during my morning walk to the metro.
- Mugs of hot chocolate with whipped cream.
- Curling up by the fire with a good book.
- Puttering around the house on Saturday mornings.
- The anticipation of the festive season (I love, love, love the festive season and will be blogging about it this winter).
- Freshly baked bread (I use a no-knead recipe).
- Wearing fun tights.
Do you have a fall season in your neck of the woods? If yes, what are you looking forward to the most?