I’m both excited and sad for August. August is a calmer month around here, but at the same time it marks the transition into fall. I’m going to try and enjoy as much as possible the last days of summer and I hope you do too.
Here is a little mish-mash of what I’ve read this week. Enjoy!
- Power Of The Pack: Women Who Support Women Are More Successful.
- 50 Vogue September Covers Pulled From The Archive.
- Ladies, please read this! ‘Sorry’ but these are things women should never write in an email.
- 7 Ways to Find Happiness After Depression.
- Of Barneys’ Bankruptcy, Pride and the Fall.
- I am in anticipation of Amazon’s Jack Ryan. I hope we see way more of Matice this time around. I love a good action series. Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan’ season 2.
- Hillary and Chelsea Clinton co-write The Book of Gutsy Women. Yes, please.
- I am happy and relieved this is happening! In New TV Series, Jay-Z and Will Smith Will Show the World Through Mamie Till’s Eyes.
- The house of the first black congressman elected post-reconstruction is for sale. Oscar Stanton De Priest was the sole voice in Congress for 12 million African-Americans.
- My current read is this romance novel and I’m enjoying every page!
- I have to go and see this portrait! National Portrait Gallery to acquire landmark Beyoncé photograph.
- How fun! Top ten libraries in fiction.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. It doesn’t cost you anything extra to use the links. Thank you for supporting my book-loving blog. xoxo, Jane