I was searching for writing prompts for myself when I came across an author’s website where she was charging for them. That didn’t sit right with me, so I came up with my own prompts which I’m sharing with you. Enjoy!
- Write the first sentence of a cozy murder mystery but use the words “green” and “rendezvous.”
- It is modern day. You are standing in line at the post office. Your favorite 19th century writer just walked in. What do you do or say?
- Your cell phone rings. You answer and it’s the FBI. What happens next?
- You discover an unpublished Jane Austen manuscript. What is the title?
- You find your late great-grandmother’s diary from 1917. Assume you can read the language in the diary. What’s the most interesting entry you read? Write it diary-style.
Feel free to leave your own writing prompts in the comments.